Saturday, January 15, 2011

How to be your own Best friend

Many people spend years waiting for a soul mate to make them feel complete. Others settle for unfulfilling relationships out of fear of being alone. I believe we should fulfill our potential in life, with or without partners. Instead of expecting someone else to complete you, mastering the art of aloneness gives you mastery of your own life.

I couldn't agree more with this and its what i am going to do in my life.
"I'm going to manage my fear, so its doesn't manage me" I'm going to be alone I'm going to write down everything that I want in life and go for it. One step at a time. I will be OK

I'm going to start to LOVE myself more
  • I'm starting to go to the gym again and this is a HUGE step for me I use to go ALL the time till I had Aijla it really made me feel so much better about myself, and its time I go again Aijla is going to come with me too then when she gets older it will just be something Mommy and Me do after work.
  • I'm getting all my finances in order its feels so nice to get rid of "debt" and know that your not strapped, for a minute there I felt like I was drowning..slowly everything had just caught up to me.
  • I'm starting to focus more on my Career I have an amazing job and for a little bit I let my emotions get the best of me I would hate to lose my job. I have directed my focus more onto what I can do to better my job and I think I'm heading in the right direction..I'm very happy about this too :)
  • One of the major and TOP priorities is being the best mom I can be to my daughter, shes getting so big and learning so much in her young life and I just want to make sure I'm there for her, guiding her and teaching her all I can.
This is just to name a few but its a start
These are the things that make me happy and I'm happy to say I'm doing everything being alone its a very different feeling but I'm getting use to it. I do everything alone at night and it feels nice I don't need to count on anyone but myself to make myself happy and aijla.
Granted I still am very lonely.... But I'm doing this for myself.

I am my own best friend
Happy and Free

No comments:

Post a Comment